Small Project Fund
The Small Project Fund (SPF) is a tool for supporting smaller scale projects at a regional level.
The overall objective of the Small Project Fund (SPF) is to strengthen social cohesion across the borders by supporting local level cooperation and to establish and improve long-term collaboration between actors on both sides of the border through the support of local/regional projects.
The Small Project Fund will be implemented under two priority axes of the Interreg V-A Slovakia-Hungary Cooperation Programme and must contribute to their priority objectives:
Priority Axis 1: Nature and CultureSpecific objective 1.1: To increase the attractiveness of the border area
The results of the SO11 specific objective should include:
• better utilization of the regions endogenous natural and cultural potential in supporting the sustainable development of local economies;
• Increase in social, economic and territorial cohesion by supporting joint cultural activities and activities concerning to nature preserving and protection;
• Improving social, economic and territorial cohesion by supporting joint cultural and nature conservation activities;
• Increase in the number of visitors in the programme area.
Priority Axis 4: Enhancing cross-border cooperation of public authorities and people living in the border areaSpecific objective 4.1: Improving the level of cross border inter-institutional cooperation and broadening cross border cooperation between citizens
The results of the SO4.1 specific objective should include projects focusing on internal social cohesion within the programme area, strengthening and improving the level of interinstitutional cooperation.
Other expected results:
As a result of the activities of the SO4.1 internal social cohesion of the programme area will be strengthened and the level of inter-institutional cooperation will be improved.
• Strengthened cross-border cooperation between citizens, lively cross-border exchange of ex-periences.
• Improvement of the capacities of the institutions participated in and strengthened interest toward cross-border activities.
• Improved mutual understanding and mutual rapprochement among the ethnic groups living in the region.
• Increase in the number of long-term (institutionalised) partnerships.
• High level of social participation in cross-border activities.
• High number of joint sustainable events, actions covering the major part of the programming region.
• Improved level of bilingualism within the programming region.
Small projects should focus on one of the following target groups:
Priority Axis 1: Nature and Culture• population of the eligible region
• local communities
• non -profit organizations
Priority Axis 4: Enhancing cross-border cooperation of public authorities and people living in the border area• regional and local organizations
• public and private institutions providing cross-border services
• institutions of governmental
Two management organizations (European Groupings of Territorial Cooperation) are responsible for the Small Project Fund.
|Rába-Duna-Vág EGTC on the Western programming area||Via Carpathia EGTC on the Eastern programming area|
|Bratislava Self-Governing Region||Banská Bystrica Self-Governing Region|
|Trnava Self-Governing Region||Košice Self-Governing Region|
|Nitra Self-Governing Region||Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén County|
|Budapest capital||Heves County|
|Pest County||Nógrád County|
|Komárom-Esztergom County||Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg County|